This is the third in our series of short posts to meet the challenges of working from home and maintaining effectiveness, productivity and engagement throughout your business during this.
Whilst employees are working from home and representing your business offsite there are some very simple ways you can help ensure employees maintain a reasonable level of productivity.
We’ve collated a few top tips to maintain productivity when homeworking:
· Avoid Trying to multi-task as it is not proven to be an effective use of time management.
Staying focused and don’t get distracted by managing time in a concentrated way, with a To-Do list of key tasks which can be achieved by breaking tasks into blocks of 25minutes. Some longer tasks may take a few of the blocks bolted together. We recommend trying the ‘Pomodoro Technique’, you can find more information here:
‘With many surprising benefits, people never expect the uplift in productivity they experience from the pomodoro technique. It is an effective way to achieve a balance between quantity and quality, and all you have to do is focus for 25 minutes at a time’
· PLAN – FAIL TO PLAN, PLAN TO FAIL…. by having a clear plan with measurable objectives on projects or work to be completed a sense of achievement can be attained – keeping motivation and productivity buoyant. Plan a day, plan a week and plan a fortnight.
· DRESS TO IMPRESS – Engagement and mindset are improved when individuals stick to their regular routines. Getting up, washed and dressed and being ‘work ready’ physically as well as mentally has a huge impact on both productivity and motivation.
· ACCOUNTABILITY – Don’t breathe down the neck of your teams but keeping everyone accountable is key if staff are not used to homeworking. Regular meetings, check-ins and supporting team-mates
· START THE DAY… Holding daily kick-off meetings first thing will help set a tone and create a feeling of still being part of a team whilst maintaining hierarchy and productivity.
Although we are not experts on driving productivity, we are experts in all things marketing and can create both internal and external communications to help you keep your teams up to date, motivated and productive.